Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tendulkar should go now

I agree that there should be different set of norms for great and not so great players. In that respect I tend to nod my head in agreement when people say that Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar should be allowed to select his own time period for retiring.

However my agreement is only up to the point where there is no better player (currently, we are not discussing total greatness of a player in his career) than him in term of total deliverables in a match.

We can see that India is winning ODI series inspite (or BECAUSE?) of his absence. The last Australian and Sri Lankan tours are proofs enough.

Therefore it is time that Tendulkar starts thinking of retirement, if he believes in 'graceful exit'. By 'graceful exit' I mean there should be reasonably large number of people left in the world who genuinely ask "why?"

Thing is, plenty are already asking "why not?"

No comments:

Post a Comment